Since my move from Hey Google to Hey Siri, I’ve been wondering how I can get back the features that Google made so easy to do with Assistant. At first, I used a harder way to take a selfie by loudly enunciating numbers to my phone but then I found the easier way and it makes use of Apple Shortcuts.
Install Apple Shortcuts from the App Store to move on.
- Open Apple Shortcuts.
- Tap blue plus icon at top right.
- Tap Add Action.
- Search for Camera, tap Camera icon, tap Take Photo.
- Tap Show More on Camera card.
- Tap off Show Camera Preview.
- Tap Back on Camera card and switch it to Front.
- Tap blue plus icon below Camera card.
- Tap X button.
- Search for Save and tap Save to Photo Album.
- Tap Next at top right.
- Name it how you’ll call it with Siri: Take a Selfie
- Tap Done.
Now say, “Hey Siri, Take a Selfie.”
Start a conversation about this post