Occasionally this site appears down and if reloaded several times, a “connection timeout” with 500 comes up. I thought I had fixed this.
I went back into my cPanel and noticed that PHP.ini had 800s on max_execution_time but it was on the domain not on the home directory. But before I added it there, I also added this to the .htaccess on both the root and site files and it made this website load quickly. Then went back to that server file and updated it from 200s to 800s.
#loads website quickly in 13mns
php_value max_execution_time 800
If you’re trying to add my feed to your RSS aggregator to follow the blog, check to see this site is up first before doing that.