I pay attention to the details of my work and see a job through to completion. I’m honest, trustworthy, responsible and get along with people from all walks of life.
- Preferred to hand-code with Panic’s Coda for Mac or other text editors so my code is readable and symantec
- 13-yrs web design experience and HTML/CSS, UI/UX
- 10-yrs PHP for WordPress theme design from scratch
- 1-yr college training on Adobe Dreamweaver and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Built and managed 14 websites since 2009
- 3-yrs landscape photography
- 15-yrs writing blog posts for myself
- Used for several years: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, and countless others
Filmed and produced Jesus Is My Owner book presentation in Final Cut Pro X
Web Designer, Photographer, and Videographer
Fort Mill SC
Built a website on Squarespace, took new portrait photographs, filmed and produced music video in Final Cut Pro X
Filmed and produced two separate aviation trainings for this non-profit organization
Videographer and Photographer
Filmed, photographed, and produced memorial video in Final Cut Pro X
Web Developer, Local and Technical SEO
January 2017 – Present
Moved website to new host, rebuilt code with technical SEO and manually updated all outside data, create new blog posts and pages when provided complete content from owner and copy edit grammar and punctuation for web and rewrite titles and keywords for SEO optimization, and use Creative Commons featured image. Installed SSL and HTTPS/2, upgraded WordPress code, hardened security, and added custom code.
Red Door Church
South Royalton VT
November 2013 – Present
Built two custom themes and new logo for church website, backup weekly live Facebook videos to YouTube channel, redesigned church bulletin twice, maintain back-end, users, set up domain email accounts, and built a custom slider.
Web Developer and Email/ Server Administrator
The Mosquito Authority
2013 – Present
Web Developer and Backend Management
Samuel Borinsky / Psychotherapist
New York City NY
Web Developer and Server Administrator
El Shaddai Ministries International, Inc.
2011 – 2017
- Moved hosting and redesigned site for WordPress.
- Has a similar design to the old but with more refinement.
- Using HTML5/CSS3 for WordPress Theme.
- My first implementation of an SSL certificate
- Google Maps API, PHP, Custom Post Types
- Upgraded CentOS WHM server from v5 to v6
- Re-installed PHP and other elements through SSH in terminal, upgraded to PHP 7
- Troubleshooted and removed a broken plugin that brought the site down
- Upgraded old plugins with newer alternatives compatible with PHP 7
The Mosquito Authority bought a company whose Joomla site was hacked, which I discovered while I was moving it across servers. It was a complicated mess, even for me, to figure out how to upgrade it. I recreated the responsive theme for WordPress and it had to be a private ecommerce site, so I installed WooCommerce and configured the site to be private when their users wanted to purchase products. Installed SSL certificate for this site.
Sweet Needle Company
They contacted me via email saying they had mobile issues with the homepage loading. I troubleshooted and fixed their site. Also installed the WooCommerce Smart Coupons plugin and a few coupons for them. They were pleased with my work.
2013 – 2015
- Moved hosting of WordPress site
- Updated email addresses
- Tweaked pages
- Continued to provide monthly technical helps and design custom front-end layouts with PHP/HTML/CSS
- Occasionally add rich content to Facebook Fan Page to encourage discussions and point traffic to website
- Created YouTube channel for their Open Mic Nights event.
- They’ve since moved to Wix.
True Blue Carpet Cleaning
Indian Trail NC
Matt Schmidt, of Indian Trail, North Carolina, started True Blue Carpet Cleaning and needed a website redesign. A professional business site that he could update as he needed.
From a designer’s perspective, we chose blues and cream to match his business logo and line of work. jQuery is used for the drop-down form at the top. There are review links to both the business’ Yelp and Google Places review pages. Social links to a Facebook Fan page, Twitter and an RSS feed for the blog which is hidden until there are more posts written.
During the design process, I drew out the theme on a grid and colored it. In about three weeks time, the design was done. The longest time taken, was the transfer of the domain name to my client’s account. This was another design opportunity for me to actually take my wire frames into Adobe Photoshop and build out the home page layout. In the end, CSS was used to set some of the gradients and background colors.
Saint Dwayne Associates
This was a three-month internship as a Production Designer under Dwayne Cogdill. I modified letterheads, mailers, envelopes and business cards. Cut logo mounting boards from Super Black Matte. Learned logo design techniques by using various typographic fonts.
Buddy Boy Candy
Indian Trail NC
- WordPress design with HTML5/CSS3 for more current web browsers
- Twenty-Eleven customization for 1940s Retro art design
- Responsive Web Design for iPhone / iPad / Desktop
- Four days of research to study 1940s art and how-to’s
- One week to discover concept of design and meld together research and sketches
Warriors and Warbirds, Inc.
Worked on the second WordPress version of the airshow website theme. Improved on the old design.
Claudia’s Crescent Kick movie
Google Sites and Google Analytics
Bible Science Books for Children
Complete redesign using WordPress, Google Analytics, XHTML/CSS, Photoshop, Video, PHP, jQuery
Web Developer and Ticket Sales Customer Service
Lynchburg Regional Airshow
2010 – 2011
- Web Design, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Apps, XHTML/CSS, Social, Photoshop
- Website design and management
- EventBrite ticket sales customer service management
Union County Patriots
Wesley Chapel NC
Web Design, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Google Apps, Google Groups
Transformation Media Trust
Web Design, Flash Banner, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Flash
Web Developer and Email Administrator
Warriors and Warbirds, Inc.
- Web Design, Graphics, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Google Non-Profit Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Built their first website from scratch using WordPress and created several graphics to accompany the design.
City of Monroe
- Music on Main poster
- Photoshop, InDesign (CS4)
Graphic and Web Designer
Creative Touch Communications
- Forms (Print Design), InDesign, Quark Xpress, Photoshop
- Community Church of Monroe‘s website set up with Webnode.com
- Video recording/ editing
- Mobile Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- creative blogging
- Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram
- French and English languages
- Google Apps (now G Suite) setup transfer and troubleshooting for 11+ companies
- Adobe CS4 Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Reader Pro
- Microsoft Office, Apple iWork
- graphic design, print design, web design
- WordPress custom themes, setup and hosting
- Google web research
- web boilerplates, 960gs
- WordPress setup and hosting
- WordPress PHP functions and simple plugins
- Google Analytics basic setup
- email newsletter design
- Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Quark Xpress 6-8.5, Google SketchUp, Microsoft Server 2003, Microsoft XP Professional, CISCO CCNA 1 – 4 networks, A+ training and on-the-job learning
- MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Ubuntu Linux (6.04-16), Windows (3.1-10), macOS (10.2.8-present), computer tech desktop support, Android, iOS
- Landscape and portrait photography