I pay attention to the details of my work and see a job through to completion. I’m honest, trustworthy, responsible and get along with people from all walks of life.
- Preferred to hand-code with Panic’s Coda for Mac or other text editors so my code is readable and symantec
- 15-yrs web design experience and HTML/CSS, UI/UX
- 11-yrs PHP for WordPress theme design from scratch
- 1-yr college training on Adobe Dreamweaver and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Built and managed 14 websites since 2009
- 4-yrs landscape photography
- 16-yrs writing blog posts for myself
- Used for several years: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, and countless others
iOS and Android Developer
Red Door Church
South Royalton VT
2020 – 2021
Coding my first React Native church app that I hope to incorporate the Crossway ESV API, WordPress REST API, notifications, and links out to social media. I’ll update this with more details at a later date.
Recovered hacked WordPress website, rebuilt old theme as child theme of an Automattic WordPress Twenty Theme, and focused on mobile-friendly first design. Built custom WordPress mu plugin with admin menu options, custom meta boxes, and custom menu-targeted CSS. Updated outdated schema syntax.
Wilgrove Airport Documentary
Contributed to filming, photography, and video editing for Carolina Backroads‘ Wilgrove Airport documentary shown on Charlotte’s Access 21 TV channel. Wilgrove Airport is now permanently closed.
Created custom Blogger website theme, added custom domain, and produced video tutorial screencast.
Daniel is an excellent tech person/web designer/photographer. He has advised me on technical problems. He also accompanies and assists me on photoshoots due to his keen eye.Michael Hutchinson, Freelance Photographer/Creative Director at Hutch Photography
Filmed and produced Jesus Is My Owner book presentation in Final Cut Pro X
It has been such a big help to have Daniel Brinneman on board to enhance the value and appearance of our book – “Jesus Is My Owner.” His expertise at photography has magnified the content to make it more understandable. Daniel has a lot of patience to fit the pictures and maps in just the right places. He has helped to make it possible for the reader to understand geographically where the story is taking place. I would recommend Daniel, for anyone who wants to have his or her book or writing be helped by pictures or maps, to take advantage of Daniel’s skills.Eugene O. Scott, Husband of Marie Scott, author of Jesus Is My Owner: Life with the Sharanahuas
Web Designer, Photographer, and Videographer
Fort Mill SC
Built a website on Squarespace, took new portrait photographs, filmed and produced music video in Final Cut Pro X
Working with Daniel has been a joy. He designed a very professional and clean-looking website, complete with custom photography and additional ideas to help my online presence. During our photo [and video] shoot, he envisioned multiple creative angles and lighting effects, and was determined to get the absolute best outcome for each setup. I’ve received many compliments already on my new website!Scott Griffin, Pianist and Organist, Fort Mill SC/ ScottGriffin.org
Filmed and produced two separate aviation trainings for this non-profit organization
Videographer and Photographer
Filmed, photographed, and produced memorial video in Final Cut Pro X
Daniel, Thank you for the quality job in recording my wife’s memorial service. I thought you did a good job editing together the still pictures with the live video. Checking the audio hookup ahead of time made for good audio. The link to YouTube was appreciated by many who were not able to attend the service. Thank you again for a good final product.Chuck Howard, Husband of Marti Howard
Web Developer, Local and Technical SEO
January 2017 – Present
Moved website to new host, rebuilt code with technical SEO and manually updated all outside data, create new blog posts and pages when provided complete content from owner and copy edit grammar and punctuation for web and rewrite titles and keywords for SEO optimization, and use Creative Commons featured image. Installed SSL and HTTPS/2, upgraded WordPress code, hardened security, and added custom code.
Daniel has done a good job of updating and maintaining my website for 10 months. He is methodical and detail oriented.Doris B. Motte, Owner/Therapist at Courage Counseling Services
Red Door Church
South Royalton VT
November 2013 – Present
Built two custom themes and new logo for church website, backup weekly live Facebook videos to YouTube channel, redesigned church bulletin twice, maintain back-end, users, set up domain email accounts, and built a custom slider.
On behalf of the church council and elders, I wanted to say thank you again for your excellent work on our church website. From start to finish you have been a reliable help and guide as we’ve sought to enter the internet age and further the kingdom of God in that venue. Many have found our church and even attended simply because of our new website! And many others profit spiritually every week by having access to our Sunday morning sermons, blogs, and other content.Pastor Joshua Moore at United Church of South Royalton
Web Developer and Email/ Server Administrator
The Mosquito Authority
2013 – Present
Daniel is a unique mind with a great deal of skill when it comes to developing WordPress sites. He is on top of the newest developments and does a fantastic job of making the highly technical both understandable and accessible for us as clients.Laci LeBlanc, Marketing Director at The Mosquito Authority
Daniel has an amazing skill set when it comes to web development and just about anything IT. I can bring him a problem and he comes back with a solution, no questions asked. Highly recommended from our company.Brock Bumgarner, Sr. Project Manager at TMA Franchise System, Inc.
Daniel is a great person to work with, bringing expert knowledge, integrity and a very easy to work with approach. In each of my interactions with Daniel, he, myself and the teams involved were able to collaborate very effectively on every project from start to finish. Additionally, Daniel delivers high-quality documentation which allows for the efficient transfer of knowledge and future training.Amy Hamm, Operations at Mosquito Authority
Web Developer and Backend Management
Samuel Borinsky / Psychotherapist
New York City NY
Daniel was a great resource for the update we needed on my husband’s professional website. Starting with the initial response to our inquiry, his communication was to the point, articulate and friendly. He attended to all of our questions promptly, did the work with attention to detail and very quickly. We gladly accepted his offer to do some behind-the-scene clean-up, as well. We are very pleased with Daniel’s work and will happily recommend him.Marta Kovacs and Samuel Borinsky
Web Developer and Server Administrator
El Shaddai Ministries International, Inc.
2011 – 2017
- Moved hosting and redesigned site for WordPress.
- Has a similar design to the old but with more refinement.
- Using HTML5/CSS3 for WordPress Theme.
- My first implementation of an SSL certificate
- Google Maps API, PHP, Custom Post Types
- Upgraded CentOS WHM server from v5 to v6
- Re-installed PHP and other elements through SSH in terminal, upgraded to PHP 7
- Troubleshooted and removed a broken plugin that brought the site down
- Upgraded old plugins with newer alternatives compatible with PHP 7
The Mosquito Authority bought a company whose Joomla site was hacked, which I discovered while I was moving it across servers. It was a complicated mess, even for me, to figure out how to upgrade it. I recreated the responsive theme for WordPress and it had to be a private ecommerce site, so I installed WooCommerce and configured the site to be private when their users wanted to purchase products. Installed SSL certificate for this site.
Sweet Needle Company
They contacted me via email saying they had mobile issues with the homepage loading. I troubleshooted and fixed their site. Also installed the WooCommerce Smart Coupons plugin and a few coupons for them. They were pleased with my work.
Daniel was great to work with! Highly recommended, very timely and solved all of our issues. We will certainly be using him in the future for our website!Josh and Melissa Mitten
2013 – 2015
- Moved hosting of WordPress site
- Updated email addresses
- Tweaked pages
- Continued to provide monthly technical helps and design custom front-end layouts with PHP/HTML/CSS
- Occasionally add rich content to Facebook Fan Page to encourage discussions and point traffic to website
- Created YouTube channel for their Open Mic Nights event.
- They’ve since moved to Wix.
I’m pleased to recommend Daniel for his thorough knowledge of website creation and his dedication to finding workable and satisfactory solutions when problems arise. He’s dedicated and stays focused on solutions.Robin Chalkley
True Blue Carpet Cleaning
Indian Trail NC
Matt Schmidt, of Indian Trail, North Carolina, started True Blue Carpet Cleaning and needed a website redesign. A professional business site that he could update as he needed.
From a designer’s perspective, we chose blues and cream to match his business logo and line of work. jQuery is used for the drop-down form at the top. There are review links to both the business’ Yelp and Google Places review pages. Social links to a Facebook Fan page, Twitter and an RSS feed for the blog which is hidden until there are more posts written.
During the design process, I drew out the theme on a grid and colored it. In about three weeks time, the design was done. The longest time taken, was the transfer of the domain name to my client’s account. This was another design opportunity for me to actually take my wire frames into Adobe Photoshop and build out the home page layout. In the end, CSS was used to set some of the gradients and background colors.
Saint Dwayne Associates
This was a three-month internship as a Production Designer under Dwayne Cogdill. I modified letterheads, mailers, envelopes and business cards. Cut logo mounting boards from Super Black Matte. Learned logo design techniques by using various typographic fonts.
Daniel had a good attitude, worked very hard, and was dedicated to quality. If my firm was larger I would hire Daniel to be my production manager. He is responsible and has good attention to details. After training him in various responsibilities I found him to be alert and dedicated to consistent follow through. Daniel is a team player. He is honest and forthright in his contributions. He is teachable and desires to learn and grow. I recommend Daniel, and I am happy to speak with you about him. Please don’t hesitate to call me.Dwayne Cogdill, Saint Dwayne Associates
Buddy Boy Candy
Indian Trail NC
- WordPress design with HTML5/CSS3 for more current web browsers
- Twenty-Eleven customization for 1940s Retro art design
- Responsive Web Design for iPhone / iPad / Desktop
- Four days of research to study 1940s art and how-to’s
- One week to discover concept of design and meld together research and sketches
Warriors and Warbirds, Inc.
Worked on the second WordPress version of the airshow website theme. Improved on the old design.
Claudia’s Crescent Kick movie
Google Sites and Google Analytics
Bible Science Books for Children
Complete redesign using WordPress, Google Analytics, XHTML/CSS, Photoshop, Video, PHP, jQuery
Web Developer and Ticket Sales Customer Service
Lynchburg Regional Airshow
2010 – 2011
- Web Design, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Apps, XHTML/CSS, Social, Photoshop
- Website design and management
- EventBrite ticket sales customer service management
Union County Patriots
Wesley Chapel NC
Web Design, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Google Apps, Google Groups
Transformation Media Trust
Web Design, Flash Banner, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Flash
Web Developer and Email Administrator
Warriors and Warbirds, Inc.
- Web Design, Graphics, WordPress, XHTML/CSS, Coda, Google Analytics, Google Non-Profit Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Built their first website from scratch using WordPress and created several graphics to accompany the design.
City of Monroe
- Music on Main poster
- Photoshop, InDesign (CS4)
Graphic and Web Designer
Creative Touch Communications
- Forms (Print Design), InDesign, Quark Xpress, Photoshop
- Community Church of Monroe‘s website set up with Webnode.com
- Video recording/ editing
- Mobile Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- creative blogging
- Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram
- French and English languages
- Google Apps (now G Suite) setup transfer and troubleshooting for 11+ companies
- Adobe CS4 Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Reader Pro
- Microsoft Office, Apple iWork
- graphic design, print design, web design
- WordPress custom themes, setup and hosting
- Google web research
- web boilerplates, 960gs
- WordPress setup and hosting
- WordPress PHP functions and simple plugins
- Google Analytics basic setup
- email newsletter design
- Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Quark Xpress 6-8.5, Google SketchUp, Microsoft Server 2003, Microsoft XP Professional, CISCO CCNA 1 – 4 networks, A+ training and on-the-job learning
- MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Ubuntu Linux (6.04-16), Windows (3.1-10), macOS (10.2.8-present), computer tech desktop support, Android, iOS
- Landscape and portrait photography
South Piedmont Community College
Associate of Science Degree of Advertising and Graphic Design
- Two years intensely focused on print design: Adobe Creative Suite 2-4 (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- While attending college, HTML, CSS and WordPress were self-taught to fill my free time. Despite earning a graphic design degree, I focused more on web design outside of college.